Here at Hop Hooligans, we require some more hands. We're constantly expanding our production and we will require more helping hands in the building.
This is a very hands-on role that does not require previous industry experience. A love of juicy, hoppy beers is essential. Previous homebrewing experience is always appreciated but not mandatory.
On a day to day basis, the tasks will include mashing in, cleaning the fermentation vessel to be filled, shoveling out the spent malt, cleaning the brewhouse at the end of the day and sometimes assisting with the canning line. Full training will be provided and over time we see this person becoming a full-time brewer that will be able to brew unsupervised from start to end.
There will also be the opportunity to develop skills in other brewery areas such as cellaring, dry-hopping and yeast management. The successful applicant will be highly motivated with very high attention to detail.
The work is physical and repetitive at times but very rewarding. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to come on board at a progressive young company with real scope for learning a wide-ranging of skills. We’re a friendly team at Hop Hooligans, so being friendly and polite along with perfectionism and thoroughness are a must.
- Daily CIP of fermentation tanks and bright beer tanks
- Work closely with brewing team to achieve wort to specifications
- General cleaning of cellar and brewhouse areas including floors, vessels, piping, etc.
- Grain Handling (in and out of the mashing tun)
- Periodic handling of hazardous chemicals
- Did we mention cleaning?
- Contribute ideas for new beers and improving processes
Skills and attributes necessary for this position
- The ability to work well independently and with a team (often in close physical proximity) while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and routinely and repetitively lift 25-40kg
- Must have the ability to get to work on time to keep a production schedule
- A candidate with a mechanical inclination and a general understanding of fluid dynamics is highly preferred
- Candidate must be able to work an average of 40 hours per week with overtime if needed
Bonus Skills: Mechanical, electrical and plumbing experience
The following is a representative list of what a co-worker might encounter during a typical workday:
- Hot water and boiling wort
- Pressurized vessels
- Exposure to heat/cold from the equipment
- Moderate to loud noise level
Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come in contact with wet floors while working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
What We Offer
There will be a three month probation period, this allows us both to be sure we have made the right decision. In return we will offer the following:
- 2000 - 3000 Lei starting salary - depending on experience
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Meal tickets
How to apply?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although experience is a good thing, we are looking for the right person. We brew very crazy beers, so if these beers aren't your goto then we probably won't be the best fit.
We will endeavor to respond to all applications, in good time!
Please note the job is based in Jilava, Ilfov, Romania.